Los Angeles - Charlie Sheen was hospitalised and treated for a "severe case" of food poisoning after eating "bad clams".
The 49-year-old actor is said to have called paramedics to his home in Los Angeles on Monday night at around 23:00 after falling ill because of dodgy take-out food.
Charlie was then taken to a local emergency room where he received a check up and was hydrated by medical professionals before being sent home within just 90 minutes of his arrival.
The former Two and a Half Men star's press agent Jeff Ballard later confirmed that his client had suffered a "severe case of food poisoning", adding that the sickness was caused by "clams, bad clams" after Charlie had a seafood pasta dish delivered to his home.
Ballard added to MailOnline: "Just to be on the safe side, he went to hospital.
"They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way. He was back home in bed 90 minutes later."
Charlie is reported by gossip site TMZ.com to have contacted the fire department rather than medical professionals directly after he began feeling ill.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom have reportedly reached an agreement in their divorce. Read More »
Before she was robbed at gunpoint, Kim Kardashian West sat down with 60 Minutes to discuss how social media has made her who she is today. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 1 200 000
HousesR 3 220 000
HousesR 1 985 000