TribeOne Festival in South Africa featuring Nicki Minaj and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis cancelled

Bryan Cranston cracks us up again in hilarious spoof video to promote Major League Baseball

Hulk Hogan sues back surgeons

2013-01-15 14:43
 
Hulk Hogan
Los Angeles - Hulk Hogan is suing his back surgeons over $50m loss of earnings.

The TNA IMPACT Wrestling star has filed a lawsuit against Tampa, Florida based Laser Spine Institute LLC (LSI) and several of its employed physicians and co-owners after he alleged they carried out a number of unnecessary surgeries in order to make money from him.

Hulk - whose real name is Terry Bollea - alleges the procedures carried out between February 2009 and August 2010 damaged his already injured back, hindered his entertainment and wrestling career and cost him at least $50m in loss of earnings.

He alleges he was repeatedly told by doctors at the clinic that undergoing traditional spine surgery, as recommended by a number of other prominent spinal surgeons would effectively end his career.

Sex tape

The star filed the lawsuit in Pinella County, Florida Circuit Court on Monday and says he only became aware of the dangers of the surgeries after reading an article about it on Bloomberg.com.

Earlier this month, Hulk dropped a $100m lawsuit against Gawker.

He filed the suit against the website last year after it posted a one minute and 40 second snippet of a sex tape featuring Hulk and his former best friend's wife Heather Clem which Hulk claimed was filmed without his consent before deciding to drop the complaint.

However, Hulk voluntarily dismissed the lawsuit "without prejudice", meaning he can file again in future if he wishes.

- BangShowBiz

Read more on:    hulk hogan  |  lawsuits  |  celebrities  |  health
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent Gossip

Prince William will replace his wife Kate on this weekend's official visit to Malta because the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge is still suffering from acute morning sickness. Read More »

According to a report, Beyoncé and Jay Z have renewed their wedding vows while on holiday in Corsica. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.