Jamie Oliver's home gets burgled

2015-10-16 17:00
 

Los Angeles - Jamie Oliver's London home has been burgled.

The celebrity chef and his family - wife Jules and their four children - were not at the £7m Primrose Hill property when the break-in occurred on 2 October.

The intruders are believed to have accessed the home via the garage and stole two electrical items from the basement.

A spokesperson for Jamie said: "There was a break-in at the basement next to Jamie's main house - he also owns the basement - and two electrical items were stolen.

"Nothing was 'ransacked'. There's no indication that 'thousands of pounds-worth' of goods were taken. None of the family were in the house at the time. And all this happened almost two weeks ago now."

Jamie and his family - who are believed to be planning a move to a £10m property in nearby Hampstead - were at their home in Essex during the robbery.

Police are currently investigating the incident at the eight-bedroom home.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "Police were called to an address on Friday 2 October shortly after 21:00 after a member of the public reported that a door to the property was open.

"Officers attended and went inside the property and found that the premises had been burgled. Items were removed from the address."

Read more on:    jamie oliver  |  celebrities

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.