GET YOUR PARTY ON: This summer's coolest party and music gig website with all the hottest local entertainment news!

VOTE AND WIN: You could win an iPad Mini by voting for your favourite local celeb in the Channel24 Awards!

Jennifer Lopez's ex wants $4m for sex tape

2013-06-13 21:52
 
jennifer lopez
Los Angeles - Jennifer Lopez's ex-husband is demanding $3.75m in their bitter sex tape lawsuit.

The Live It Up singer's lengthy legal battle with first husband Ojani Noa over salacious footage filmed during their honeymoon in 1997 appeared to have been settled this week, but the star's former spouse contends the case is still ongoing and wants a hefty payday for rights to the clip.

Jennifer, 43, was granted an injunction to block the release of the 20-minute sex tape in 2011 after Ojani and friend Claudia Vazquez began shopping the footage to prospective buyers.

The former couple have since locked horns in court over ownership of the tape and it seemed the case was settled on Tuesday when documents were filed in Los Angeles Superior Court suggesting the two parties had reached a mutual understanding.

JLo's offer is ridiculous

However, Ojani's business partner Ed Meyer - who also claims he owns a portion of the footage - insists they have yet to accept an offer from Jennifer's camp, branding her monetary proposals "ridiculous".

He told E! News: "Ojani Noa and I have not accepted a settlement. What Jennifer Lopez's attorneys are offering is ridiculous. We are asking for $3.75m."

Ojani previously signed a legal agreement to not reveal any intimate details about his relationship with the American Idol star.

The two parties are due in court on 10 September to prove they have reached a settlement in a hearing to dismiss the lawsuit.

Jennifer wed Ojani in 1997 but the couple divorced a year later and the singer-and-actress started a relationship with rapper P Diddy.

- BangShowBiz

Read more on:    jennifer lopez  |  celebrities  |  sex
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
9 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent Gossip

Attorney says US man punched by singer Chris Brown settles lawsuit ; no amount given Read More »

Retired boxer Mike Tyson claims he was ''snatched'' off the street when he was seven years old and sexually abused. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.