Kim Kardashian West thanks Pharrell Williams for saving her from a wardrobe malfunction

2015-06-03 17:00
 

New York - It's an eventful time for Kim Kardashian West: A new baby coming, a huge transition for her stepfather, and now a fire emergency, with none other than Pharrell and his wife to the rescue.

Kim reported on social media on Tuesday that her dress caught fire following the Council of Fashion Designers of America awards on Monday night.

"Shout out to Pharrell & Helen who saved my life last night!" she wrote on Instagram, repeating the message on Twitter and Facebook. "LOL After the awards at dinner the feathers of my dress caught on fire from a candle & they jumped on me to get it out!"

The 34-year-old and her husband Kanye West were both at the glittery awards ceremony — tantamount to fashion's Oscars — as presenters. West presented Pharrell with the CFDA's Fashion Icon award, and Kardashian presented Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom with the media award.

The ceremony took place at New York's Lincoln Center but Kim did not specify if the fire incident happened there or elsewhere in the city.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.