Madonna is throwing the Oscars bash of the year and she's not even going!

2015-02-21 16:00
 

Los Angeles - Madonna will miss her own post-Oscars party.

The Living for Love hitmaker is reportedly likely to ditch her own annual post-Academy Award show celebration - thrown alongside her manager Guy Oseary - in favour of rehearsing for the BRIT Awards 2015, which take place in London next Wednesday.

A former guest shared: "People go to the Vanity Fair party to be photographed - then they go to Madonna's to party in private."

The party - that last year welcomed the likes of Jennifer Lawrence, Miley Cyrus, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - may be Hollywood's hottest celebration but some people are "annoyed" that her party is so exclusive.

A source added to the New York Post's Page Six column: "Madonna's managed to usurp the Oscars, and she's not from the film business.

"Some people are annoyed that her party has skimmed the most famous people from the top."

Meanwhile, the next few weeks will see the 56-year-old singer begin her promotion for her upcoming album and her representative has cited this as the reason for missing her own party.

They said: "Madonna has been committed to performing on The Jonathan Ross Show as well as various other promotion for months.

"Any Madonna performance naturally requires a lot of rehearsal - like Tina Turner says, 'We never do nothin' nice and easy.'

"I'm told that there will be as many stars as ever at mega manager Guy's party."

Read more on:    oscars 2015  |  madonna  |  celebrities

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.