M-Net officially turns 30 years old today – celebrating three decades of bringing viewers across the African continent premium TV content

Reeva Steenkamp's best friend finally breaks her silence with beautiful tribute on Instagram

Man accused of killing Nicki Minaj tour member is due in court

2015-04-16 10:26

Philadelphia - A Philadelphia man accused of stabbing two members of rapper Nicki Minaj's tour, and killing one, is due in court for a preliminary hearing on murder and other charges.

A judge will decide on Wednesday whether there is sufficient evidence to send the case against Pierce Boykin to trial.

The 31-year-old is charged with murder in the 18 February stabbing death of 29-year-old Devon Pickett outside a bar.

Another 27-year-old member of Minaj's tour was severely wounded.

Police said the fight began when a man started arguing with the victims inside the bar at about 02:00 and pulled a knife once they got outside.

Minaj says the crew members had arrived in Philadelphia to rehearse for a tour.

Boykin is jailed without bail.

Read more on:    nicki minaj  |  celebrities  |  lawsuits

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent Gossip

Kim Kardashian West is reportedly feeling ''more positive'' about the future after she was robbed at gunpoint in Paris earlier this month. Read More »

Rihanna and Missy Elliot have shared heartfelt messages about backup dancer Shirlene Quigley, who went missing. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.