Comedian Jimmy Carr has blamed Reeva Steenkamp for her own death in shocking joke he made during the Q Awards!

Viral video of the day: Shia LaBeouf the cannibal who lives in the woods and kill people for sport! Watch it here!

Mel B gets restraining order extended

2012-11-22 12:10
 
Sydney - Former Spice Girl Melanie Brown Thursday won an extension to a restraining order against a well-known Australian paparazzo ensuring he keeps his distance for at least another five months.

The singer, who is a judge on the popular talent show X Factor Australia and lives for much of the year in Sydney, alleged on 1 November that Jamie Fawcett endangered her life while she was in a kayak on Sydney Harbour.

Waverley Local Court extended a restraining order against the paparazzo, granted earlier this month, on Thursday. Yet, original orders that Fawcett also stay away from Brown's husband Stephen Belafonte, were removed.

Fawcett, who must not come within five metres of Brown or contact her until the matter is heard again on 15 April 2013, said the situation had been blown out of proportion and was bringing him unnecessary costs.

'Intimidating behaviour'

"I'm a professional photographer and that's what I do and I've been doing this for a long while," he said outside the court.

"The issue is to whether a mere act of taking a picture is intimidating behaviour.

"In my view, taking a picture is just part and parcel of being in the business of showbusiness and... for people that spend their lives in front of the camera, that action shouldn't be seen as being wrong."

Brown made her name as "Scary Spice" in the 90s girl-group Spice Girls, which also featured Victoria Beckham, wife of English footballing superstar David Beckham.

- AFP

Read more on:    melanie brown  |  celebrities
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent Gossip

Queen Elizabeth II has sent her first tweet — and she's signed it "Elizabeth R." Read More »

Gossip website TMZ reported that TLC has cancelled the hit TV show, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.