Comedian Jimmy Carr has blamed Reeva Steenkamp for her own death in shocking joke he made during the Q Awards!

Viral video of the day: Shia LaBeouf the cannibal who lives in the woods and kill people for sport! Watch it here!

More nude Harry photos may emerge

2012-08-24 14:08
 
prince harry
London - Brace yourself, Harry.

Britain's most prominent public relations guru said on Friday he'd been approached by two women who want to sell their photos of Prince Harry, suggesting that the world may soon be seeing more of the unusually exposed British royal.

In comments to BBC television, Max Clifford said he had been approached by two American women who claim they were in the prince's hotel room in the US last week. Clifford, a savvy operator famous for negotiating kiss-and-tell interviews, said the women were trying to sell their photographs - but that he had turned them down.

"Two people at that party came to me and asked me, would I represent them? Would I sell their photos?" he said. "I said 'no.'"

More photos were taken

Harry was photographed romping in the nude during a party at his Las Vegas hotel suite.

The pictures - published by celebrity gossip site TMZ earlier this week - have caused a global stir.

Many Britons have laughed off the 27-year-old prince's jaunt, but questions have been raised about the prince's publicly-funded security detail.

On Thursday, TMZ claimed that "several girls" had taken pictures at the party using their cellphones as the party got started and that "more photos were taken" after the clothes came off.

Neither TMZ nor Clifford has made clear whether they believe the unreleased photographs show the prince in the nude.

Public interest argument

Clifford has been a key player in many of Britain's biggest tabloid scandals, but said he turned the women away because he could not justify the sale to himself.

British publications have largely steered clear of the photographs, with the prominent exception of Rupert Murdoch's The Sun tabloid, which became the first paper to splash the pictures across its front page on Friday with the words: "HEIR IT IS!" and marketing the grainy photograph as a "souvenir printed edition".

The paper said it had defied the wishes of the royal family because there was a public interest in knowing what the prince - who represented the queen at the 2012 Olympic Games and is heavily involved in charity work - got up to abroad.

Privacy lawyer Chris Hutchings said that the paper's public interest argument could have traction.

"The public interest argument is on the basis that Prince Harry represents this country around the world and the photos bring into question his suitability to act as a British ambassador," Hutchings said, although he added: "The Sun have taken a calculated risk in publishing the photos given their inherently private nature."

Elisabeth Murdoch, Murdoch's daughter, said she supported The Sun's decision.

Speaking at the International Television Festival in Edinburgh, the Scottish capital, she said she felt bad for the prince, but that the photos were already all over the internet.

"It would be very sad if we lived in a world where we can't publish that picture," she said.

- AP

Read more on:    prince harry  |  uk  |  celebrities  |  royals
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
16 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent Gossip

Queen Elizabeth II has sent her first tweet — and she's signed it "Elizabeth R." Read More »

Lindsay Lohan was left feeling ''upset and uncomfortable'' after she was quizzed by Jonathan Ross about her time in jail for his chat show. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.