Prince Albert - third child rumours
Monte Carlo – Rumours of a third illegitimate child could be behind Charlene’s alleged attempt to flee Monaco last week.
Despite the royal palace and the prince’s denial of the rumours, stories are still circulating.
53-year-old Prince Albert is father to two illegitimate children. None of the children will take part in the prince and Wittstock’s wedding.
Although the Pink Palace’s lawyers are branding the rumours
as lies, British publication the Daily Mirror has reported that Wittstock’s passport had been confiscated in a bid to convince her not to forsake her duties in Monaco.
According to the Mirror an unidentified woman is on the verge of naming Prince Albert as the father of her unborn baby.
Usually, a DNA test would have been the appropriate manner in which to settle such an allegation, but to conduct such a test right before the royal wedding will be out of the question.
Stephane Bern, a good friend of the prince, has said that a woman might step forward claiming that Prince Albert fathered her child, according to the Mirror. “We can’t do a DNA test a day before the wedding.”Legal threats
Rumours of another illegitimate child started doing the rounds after L’Express reported that Wittstock was kept from boarding a one-way flight to South Africa.
The editor of L’Express, Christopher Barbier, has refused to remove the article from the magazine’s website. According to him, three separate sources confirmed the story of Charlene’s attempted escape.
Prince Albert’s lawyer, Thierry Lacoste, has threatened the publication with legal action, but he later said that they will not sue L’Express since they have agreed to remove the story.
On Wednesday, the royal couple were seen strolling through the streets of Monaco looking calm and happy.
On Thursday night they attended the rock concert at which South African Idols
winner Jason Hartman performed.