Rolf Harris faces new allegations of sex abuse

2014-07-01 14:42
 

London - Australia-born TV entertainer Rolf Harris faces new allegations of sex abuse after being convicted of a string of indecent assaults on teenage girls.

Lawyer Richard Scorer said on Tuesday his firm has received up to a dozen new complaints against the celebrity broadcaster and entertainer. London police say they are investigating "a number of new allegations" against the 84-year-old Harris.

He was convicted earlier this week of 12 indecent assaults, which happened from the 1960s to the 1980s. Most of the victims, including one of his daughter's close friends, were minors at the time.

Harris is set to be sentenced Friday. He has been told to expect a prison sentence.

He was long a prominent figure on British and Australian children's TV shows.

Read more on:    rolf harris  |  celebrities  |  celebrity crime

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.