Charlie Heaton releases statement after drug incident at LAX

2017-10-31 08:39
 
charlie heaton


Cape Town – Charlie Heaton has issued a statement after he was denied access into the US after trace amounts of cocaine were found in his possession.

The Stranger Things star was on his way to the US for the premiere of the Netflix original series over the weekend but was forced to miss it when he was denied entry into the country.

A law enforcement official said that a customs canine sniffed Heaton's luggage when he arrived at LAX last Saturday and officers found a small amount of cocaine.

In his statement, published by Deadline,  the 23-year-old apologised to his “fans” and “Stranger Things family” for missing the premiere.

He added that his entry “was affected by an issue at U.S. immigration” and clarified that he was “not arrested or charged with a crime, and cooperated fully with the U.S. officials.”

READ THE FULL STATEMENT HERE:

“My planned travel to the U.S. last week was affected by an issue at U.S. immigration, and I am working to rectify it as soon as possible. I do want to clarify that I was not arrested or charged with a crime, and cooperated fully with the U.S. officials at LAX.  I’m sorry to all the fans and my Stranger Things family for missing the premiere. We are all so proud of this season and I would never want this story to negatively impact the show.”

Meanwhile, The Sun reported that Charlie is the father of a “secret love child” with ex-girlfriend and former band mate, Akiko Matsuura.

According to the report the former couple welcomed a little boy in May 2014. Charlie is still a part of the child’s life but rarely sees him due to filming.

A source told the publication: “Right now Charlie’s career is his priority but he hopes to see more of his son once filming commitments calm down.”

Read more on:    charlie heaton  |  celebrities

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.