Avatar sequel delayed says director James Cameron

2015-01-14 22:00
 
Avatar

Wellington - Director James Cameron says the next Avatar movie has been delayed by one year and will now be released in late 2017.

Cameron is working on three sequels to Avatar which he plans to release over consecutive years.

The first had been due in late 2016.

But he says the writing process has been "very involved" and that the initial target date was probably too ambitious.

Check out the trailer of the original:

Cameron spoke on Wednesday in New Zealand, where he was helping promote the local film industry with other directors including Peter Jackson.

Cameron shot the original movie in New Zealand and is planning to shoot the sequels there.

Released in 2009, Avatar became the highest-grossing film in history, with a box office take of nearly $2.8bn. It won three Academy Awards.

Read more on:    james cameron  |  movies  |  avatar

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.