Paris - The Cannes film festival on Thursday unveiled the line-up of films that will go head-to-head in the race for the Palme d'Or at the Riviera festival on 16-27 May.
Here are the 22 films chosen to compete before the jury headed by Italian filmmaker Nanni Moretti:
- OPENING FILM: Moonrise Kingdom, Wes Anderson (US)
- De Rouille et d'Os (Of Rust and Bone), Jacques Audiard (France)
- Holy Motors, Leos Carax (France)
- Cosmopolis, David Cronenberg (Canada)
- The Paperboy, Lee Daniels (US)
- Killing Them Softly, Andrew Dominik (Australia)
- Reality, Matteo Garrone (Italy)
- Amour, Michael Haneke (Austria)
- "Lawless", John Hillcoat (Australia)
- In Another Country, HONG Sangsoo (South Korea)
- Do-Nui-Mat (Taste of Money), Im Sangsoo (South Korea)
- Like Someone in Love, Abbas Kiarostami (Iran)
- The Angel's Share, Ken Loach (Britain)
- Im Nebel (In the Fog), Sergei Loznitsa (Ukraine)
- Beyond the Hills, Cristian Mungiu (Romania)
- Baad El Mawkeaa (After the Battle), Yousry Nasrallah (Egypt)
- Mud, Jeff Nichols (US)
- Vous n'avez encore rien vu (You Haven't Seen Anything Yet), Alain Resnais (France)
- Post Tenebras Lux, Carlos Reygadas (Mexico)
- On the Road, Walter Salles (Brazil)
- Paradies: Liebe (Paradise: Love), Ulrich Seidl (Germany)
- The Hunt, Thomas Vinterberg (Denmark)
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Elizabeth Banks has joined the star studded cast of the upcoming sequel Magic Mike XXL. Read More »
Add your review
Andre 3000 has revealed he found it "scary" playing Jimi Hendrix in biopic Jimi: All Is By My Side because he's not "on a level" with the legendary musician. Read More »
Add your review
Ready for the Daisies!
Sunnies and beer!
Rocking the Daisies!
A candid quickie!
East RandWeebee RewardsR3 000 - R6 500 Per Month
WitbankPinagare Human Capital Specialists
Johannesburg SouthIconomySAR6 000 - R10 000 Per Month
HousesR 1 575 000
HousesR 4 400 000
HousesR 1 700 000