Amp Events has announced that rock icons Pixies will be touring South Africa in March next year!

Meet Iain Thomas, the 36-year-old South African poet who is famous all over the world except in SA

Game on for Star Wars and Disney

2013-05-07 19:08
Star Wars
Los Angeles - Disney is not giving up on Star Wars video games after all.

A month after shutting down game production at Lucasfilm subsidiary LucasArts, The Walt Disney Co said on Monday that it had entered multi-year deal with Electronic Arts to develop new Star Wars video games.

According to a statement, EA will develop games for a "core gaming audience" while Disney will retain the right to develop titles for mobile devices, social platforms and online.

Terms were not disclosed.

Disney is aiming to make its money-losing interactive unit profitable this year and shifting some game development costs elsewhere should help.

Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4.06 billion in December. The company said last month that it will release a new Star Wars movie every year starting in 2015.

Read more on:    disney  |  lucasfilm  |  electronic arts  |  movies  |  star wars  |  games publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

Tim Miller, the director of Deadpool, has pulled out of the sequel because of creative differences with Ryan Reynolds, according to a report. Read More »
Add your review

Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween opened in the top spot with an estimated $27.6m besting Tom Cruise. Read More »
Add your review

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.