Harrison Ford injury to halt Star Wars for 2 weeks

2014-07-07 15:33
 

New York — Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on Star Wars: Episode VII to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced on Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old actor broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that Episode VII is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

For all the latest Star Wars news join Channel24 on Facebook!



24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.