Amp Events has announced that rock icons Pixies will be touring South Africa in March next year!

Meet Iain Thomas, the 36-year-old South African poet who is famous all over the world except in SA

Sexual abuse lawsuit against Bryan Singer dropped

2014-07-28 09:00

Los Angeles  - A sexual abuse lawsuit against Bryan Singer has been dropped.

The X-Men: Days of Future Past director was accused by an anonymous British actor - identified only as John Doe No. 117 - of abusing him as a teenager but while Gary Goddard, a Broadway producer, remains a defendant, Bryan is no longer involved.

According to the New York Daily News, a voluntary dismissal was filed on Friday in Los Angeles.

Singer's lawyer Marty Singer previously insisted there is no legal basis for the lawsuit and said it was filed improperly. The filmmaker was also seeking $300 000 from the plaintiff to cover the costs of his legal fees, which are said to be "exorbitant".

The unidentified British actor's lawyer Jeffrey Herman filed a lawsuit in May against both Singer, 48, and entertainment industry executive Gary, who filed a similar motion to dismiss in June.

The actor accused the producers of abusing him in a London hotel when he was 17 years old.
The legal case is the second to hit the Hollywood director after budding actor Michael F Egan filed a similar lawsuit against him earlier this year.

Egan, 31, alleged he was forced to perform sex acts on the filmmaker at a Californian house party in the late 1990s after being plied with drugs and alcohol.

Singer strenuously denied any wrongdoing and believes the allegations are a concerted effort to derail the box office gross of his recently released 'X-Men' blockbuster.

He previously said: "The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false."

Join Channel24 on Facebook for all the latest news!

Read more on:    bryan singer  |  lawsuits  |  celebrities publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

Tim Miller, the director of Deadpool, has pulled out of the sequel because of creative differences with Ryan Reynolds, according to a report. Read More »
Add your review

Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween opened in the top spot with an estimated $27.6m besting Tom Cruise. Read More »
Add your review

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.