Six reporters, photographers and media chiefs are to be tried for invasion of privacy over topless photos of Kate Middleton

In a beautiful written piece for the New York Times, Trevor Noah paints a picture of his childhood with his mother

X-Men director Bryan Singer hit with 2nd sexual abuse lawsuit

2014-05-06 11:04
Los Angeles - Bryan Singer has been hit with a second sexual abuse lawsuit.

The X-Men: Days of Future Past director has now been accused by a British man of allegedly abusing him at a London hotel with Broadway producer Gary Goddard when he was just 17.

The unnamed man's lawyer, Jeff Herman, announced during a Los Angeles press conference on Monday that his client, now in his 20s, had decided to take legal action after reading Michael F Egan's similar claims last month.

The 31 year old recently alleged he had been made to perform sex acts on the filmmaker at the age of 15 during a Californian house party after being plied with drugs and alcohol.

Holding up a picture of his unidentified client posing with Bryan and Gary at the 2006 premiere of Superman Returns in London's Leicester Square, Jeff - who also represents Michael - said: "He did this to support Mike, he realised he wasn't the only one this happened to."

According to The Daily Beast, the two men are accused of luring the British teen into bed by promising him a future career as a Hollywood actor.

Jeff's new client claims he was first contacted by Bryan via social media in 2003 when he was 14 and says he partook in nude webcam sessions with the filmmaker when he was 15.

Bryan is then said to have invited the boy to the London Superman Returns premiere after-party when he was 17, where he reportedly attempted to engage in sexual acts against the boy's will in a hotel room.

Bryan and Gary's legal representatives strenuously deny the claims, insisting they are "totally untrue".

The director's lawyer Marty Singer commented: "After the substance of [attorney Jeff Herman's] previous defamatory and fabricated filing in Hawaii was disproved based on unassailable evidence, Mr Herman's desperation has led him to fabricate these new anonymous accusations against Mr Singer, which we will also prove to be completely false."

As a result of the allegations, Bryan, 48, has decided to bow out of the upcoming media tour to promote his new X-Men movie, which stars a host of A-listers including Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence and Halle Berry.

Read more on:    bryan singer  |  celebrities  |  sex abuse  |  movies
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

'Shaun the Sheep' is set to get a sequel and is expected to be the biggest and most exciting adventure yet. Read More »
Add your review

The second teaser for the local flick Jagveld is out and it's even more mysterious than the first. Read More »
Add your review

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.