Tom Cruise reveals Top Gun 2 is really happening

2017-05-24 12:29
 

Sydney — The Danger Zone may have gotten old and dusty, but Tom Cruise says he's about to fly back in.

The 54-year-old actor says the long-discussed sequel to Top Gun is a sure thing and should start shooting soon.

Cruise made the announcement on Wednesday in response to questions from anchors on the Australian morning news show Sunrise.

The actor said filming will likely begin within the next year. He added, "It's definitely happening."

Watch the interview here:


Cruise has said in similar interviews that the film was in development and a strong possibility, but has not offered such clear confirmation.

The 1986 Reagan-era flyboy epic propelled Cruise to superstar status.

Jerry Bruckheimer, producer of the original, had been dropping hints too. He posted a picture of himself and Cruise on Saturday's 31st anniversary of the original's release.

Read more on:    tom cruise  |  movies

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.