I used:Audacity - to Record the Podcast and save it as a WAVE fileDownload AudacityWavepad - to roughly edit WAVE filesDownload WavepadMP3 Wav Converter - To convert the music to WAVE files and final WAVE file of the podcast to MP3Download MP3 WAV Converter
1. I connected the telephone to my laptop and recorded the audio directly onto the computer. That partly explains the poor sound quality of my voice - my handset volume was too low. Also, I'm not a DJ, and Arno is a professional vocalist!
2. Then, I used free software like Audacity and Wavepad to edit together this 15 minute programme in WAV format (WAV is just a kind of audio file). This was hard, because I'm not a sound editor. I had to convert the song clips SonyBMG (Arno's record company) gave me permission to use, to WAV file format before I could work with them and edit them in.
3. Then, I converted the whole podcast to MP3 format with Audacity, and uploaded it onto the Internet.
4. Finally, I created the RSS text file in Notepad and uploaded that. The link I supplied at the top, links to the XML file, which helps you download the MP3 automatically.
I hope you enjoy this first MWEB podcast - let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it. Post them below or send them to MWEB Feedback.
Try it yourself - here's a free, short tutorial that'll tell you all the detail you need to know.
- Jean Barker - MWEB Entertainment Editor
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
In the seventh episode of the Channel24 Coffee Break series, Just Jinjer frontman Ard Matthews stopped by Channel24 to jam a few songs and talk to us about his new album and band as well as overcoming his National Anthem upset. Read More »
The lads talk life, love...and their new album. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 6 900 000
HousesR 2 495 000
HousesR 7 200 000