Cape Town – Spring is finally upon us, and with the nicer weather comes some very nice music events you can’t miss.Whether you’re a rock, electronic or R&B fan, we’ve got you sorted with these killer gigs in September and October 2015.
1) Brian McKnightAmerican R&B star Brian McKnight is bringing his The Sequel – Live tour to SA. As an artist who needs no introduction, Brian McKnight has earned himself a spot in contemporary music history. He has released 15 albums to date, with several going 2 and 3 x platinum, and he has sold over 30 million albums worldwide. During his career, McKnight has worked with Quincy Jones, Justin Timberlake, Mariah Carey, Diddy, Christina Aguilera, Rascal Flatts, Nelly, Vanessa Williams, Willie Nelson and Kenny G. He will be playing at the Moses Mabhida Stadium in Durban on 16 September, Grand Arena in Cape Town on 17 September and at Carnival City in Johannesburg on 19 September. Tickets cost between R295 – R800.Click here for more info and to book your ticket.
2) Huisgenoot kykNET SuperskouspelSkouspel, the pioneering Afrikaans music concert for the past 15 years, becomes Super Skouspel this year and moves to FNB Stadium, Johannesburg on 19 September 2015 for one major concert featuring David Kramer, Mango Groove, Die Heuwelsfantasties, Kurt Darren, Freshly Ground, Leon Schuster, Emo Adams, special international guest artist Susan Boyle of Britain’s Got Talent Fame performing in Africa for the first time, Karen Zoid, Francois Van Coke, Nadine, Andriëtte and many more. The shows starts at 20:00 and tickets range from R199-R550.Click here for more information.
3) Pharrell WilliamsGrammy award winning US producer and performer Pharrell Williams will be playing in Cape Town at the Grand Arena, GrandWest on Monday 21 September and in Johannesburg at The Dome on Thursday 24 September. Tickets range from R395-R735.Click here for tickets and more info.
4) Blood BrothersSouth Africa has a legion of rock legends and local talent, and now these Blood Brothers have joined forces in the fight against cancer. They’ll perform the major hits that made them famous, plus they’ll take on songs from the international bands that influenced their sound.And they will be doing all of this in association with the Vrede Foundation. Vrede Foundation is an initiative that aims to educate young people about cancer. The supergroup include the likes of Arno Carstens, Francois van Coke, George van der Spuy, Albert Frost, Hunter Kennedy and more. The show will be taking place on Wednesday 23 September and tickets cost between R250 - R395.Click here for more info and to book your ticket.
Blood Brothers recorded a song, People Gotta Know, listen to it here:
5) Ed Kowalczyk
Ed Kowalczyk, the legendary songwriter and former lead singer of multi-platinum rock band Live is bringing his Throwing Copper Unplugged 20th Anniversary Tour to SA. He will be playing in Johannesburg at the Big Top Arena on Wednesday 23 and 24 September and at the Grand Arena in Cape Town on Wednesday 25 and 26 September. All of Ed’s shows have sold out, but you never know, you might just get lucky! Tickets cost between R295-R495.
Click here for more information.
6) Carly Rae JepsenCanadian recording artist Carly Rae Jepsen will be playing two shows in October as part of her E.MO.TION album release in South Africa. The Call Me Maybe and I Really Like You singer/songwriter will perform at the Grand Arena, GrandWest, Cape Town on 21 October 2015 and the Monument Amphitheatre, Pretoria on 24 October 2015. Tickets range from R375 – R550.Click here to book your spot and for more info.
7) Rocking the DaisiesThis year's Rocking the Daisies, South Africa’s premiere eco-friendly Music and Lifestyle Festival, is happening from 1 - 4 October at Cloof Wine Estate, Darling. International acts set to perform include UK rockers The Kooks, German duo Milky Chance and Australian darlings, The Cat Empire. Phase 3 of ticket sales are now open with a full weekend pass selling for R950. Click here for more info and to book your ticket.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Café Roux, Noordhoek’s much-loved premiere live music venue is coming to the city with a brand new branch in Shortmarket Street. Read More »
Taylor Swift performed This Is What You Came For, the song she wrote for ex-boyfriend Calvin Harris, at her only full concert on 2016 over the weekend. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 6 990 000
HousesR 3 300 000
HousesR 2 495 000