BBC host cleared of suspicion of sex offences

2014-10-13 09:51
 

London - British prosecutors say veteran BBC radio and TV host Paul Gambaccini will not face charges after a lengthy investigation into alleged sexual offences.

Prosecutors said on Friday there was insufficient evidence to bring a case against the 65-year-old Gambaccini.

The prominent broadcaster has maintained his innocence since he was arrested last year. He has worked at BBC for more than four decades and became one of Britain's best-known music presenters.

Gambaccini released a statement saying he would not discuss the "trauma" he had been "unjustly subjected to" following his arrest. He said he was grateful for public support he had received and indicated he would shortly return to work.

Gambaccini was one of more than a dozen people arrested following the abuse scandal surrounding the late BBC broadcaster Jimmy Savile, who investigators say abused hundreds.

Read more on:    bbc  |  bbc abuse scandal  |  celebrities

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.