Elton John cancels gig

2013-07-09 17:02
 
elton john
London - Elton John has cancelled a show in London's Hyde Park due to appendicitis that will require surgery.

A statement issued on Tuesday by the musician's publicist said John was suffering from an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

He has been advised by doctors to cancel his concerts while he undergoes a regime of antibiotics to treat the abscess. That will be followed by surgery in the next few weeks.

The statement said John fell ill during his recent European tour, but "is eager to be back on top form and return to play the remaining shows starting in early September 2013".

The 66-year-old performer had been due to play an outdoor concert in London's Hyde Park on Friday on a bill with Elvis Costello and Ray Davies.

Last year John cancelled several US dates after being diagnosed with a respiratory infection.

His new album, The Diving Board, is due out in September.

Read more on:    elton john  |  celebrities  |  health  |  music

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.