Channel24 interviews SA director, Oliver Schmitz, about his new film, Shepherds and Butchers

Dr Luke has refuted allegations that he abused Kesha by "pressuring" her into starving herself

Elton recovering after operation

2013-08-06 08:13
elton john
London - Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

The musician's publicist says John had the surgery last week at Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, near his home in the south of France.

Last month the musician cancelled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

He said at the time that his infected appendix had been "a ticking time bomb".

He was treated with antibiotics and his publicist said on Monday the appendix has been removed.

In a statement on his official website last week, John said the many get-well cards and messages he'd received from fans "have touched me deeply".

The 66-year-old musician is expected to perform in London on 2 September, when he receives the Brits Icon Award.

Read more on:    elton john  |  celebrities  |  health  |  music
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

Kings of Leon - which includes brothers Caleb Followill, Nathan Followill and Jared Followill and their cousin Matthew Followill - are set to perform at the MTV EMAs. Read More »

Dr Luke has refuted allegations that he abused Kesha by "pressuring" her into starving herself. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.