Cape Town - If you’re keen for some music this week and don’t know what’s happening, then look no further!
Whether you want to party like a rock star or just chill with a glass of wine and listen to some tunes, there’s something for everyone happening this week.
If you have an event you would like us to feature please e-mail us: Music@channel24.co.za.
Wednesday 21 January
1) Drunk Girls / Heroine / Retro Dizzy at The Waiting RoomIf you’re keen for some chilled vibes then join these bands at The Waiting Room. R30 gets you in. Click here for more info.
2) Keenan Ahrends Trio Live at Straight No ChaserListen to some original compositions by Ahrends (guitar), joined by Romy Brauteseth on bass Claude Cozens on drums. First set is at 20:30. Second set starts at 22:00. R60 per set, R100 for both. Click here for more info.
3) See You Next Wednesday x Dunn KiddaCape Town's favourite student night and mid week party returns with bass machine Dunn Kidda, one half of Riot Squad Mike Kelly, upcoming duo Fresh Sage plus fan favourite Hendrick Lamar at The Assembly. All UCT students get in free (With valid UCT Student card). Girls enter for free, guys pay R20 before 22:00 and R40 after. Click here for more info.
4) Jou Ma Se Comedy ClubIf you’re keen for some awesome comedy, then head on down to Jou Ma Se Comedy Club at the V&A Waterfront. Shows run every night from Monday to Sunday. Doors open at 18:00, show starts at 20:30. Tickets cost R95 during the week and R120 over weekends. Click here for the line-up and more info.
Thursday 22 January
1) Mr Cat & the Jackal at Cafe RouxJoin this unique five piece multi-instrumental group from some acoustic folk tunes in Noordhoek. Tickets cost R100 and the show starts at 19:00. Click here for more info.
2) Wild Lettuce Profound Energy Album TourCatch solo artist Wild Lettuce as part of his "Profound Energy" album tour at Straight No Chaser. R60 gets you in and it starts at 20:00. Click here for more info.
3) SA Music Scene presents Thursday Live ft Black Lung & friendsSA Music Scene & The Assembly are excited to host a night of garage punk rock with Black Lung, Death Panthers & Drunk Girls! Show starts at 20:00, R30 before 22:00 and R40 after. Click here for more info.
Friday 23 January1) Digyby and The Lullaby live at Straight No ChaserCatch acoustic folk duo Digby and The Lullaby featuring Rouchelle Hübsch on piano and vocals and Darren Peens on guitar and vocals. R80 gets you in. Click here for more info.
2) Honda Presents: Making Paper ft. Einstein Adonis & FriendsFresh off 5FM's Ultimix (this Saturday 19:30) long time Assembly homeboy Einstein Adonis makes his return. He's backed by some of Cape Town's best in house, bass, glitch and hip hop with Plagiarhythm, White Nite, Sideshow and dank. Free entry before 23:00, R50 after. Click here for more info.
Saturday 24 January
1) Live at Mercury: Mean Black Mamba + KRAAL + Basson LaubscherJoin voodoo Hypno-Blues maestros Mean Black Mamba, unholy rollers KRAAL and pyrotechnic Blues-Rockers Basson Laubscher & The Violent Free Peace for the oldest dance in the world. R40 gets you in and it starts at 21:00. Click here for more info.
2) Gazelle & Invizable: The Rise & Fall of an EmpireAfter a four year hiatus the duo known as Gazelle & Invizable will be launching their second and final album called The Rise & Fall of an Empire. Opening acts include Alice Phoebe Lou, Tommy Gun and Native Young. Tickets cost R60 via webtickets or R80 at the door. Click here for more info.
Sunday 25 January
1) Jimmy Nevis live at KirstenboschCatch Capetonian pop singer Jimmy Nevis live at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Tickets cost between R100 – R135. Click here for more info. PRETORIAWednesday 21 January1) ARCADE ACOUSTIC WEDNESDAYS ft I AM | Roan van As & Andy FisherJoin Arcade Empire for Acoustic Wednesday’s. Entrance is free! Click here for more info.Thursday 22 January1) ARCADE EMPIRE Presents: OPEN MIC NIGHT ft You, me and the Harmony, The Great Fernando’s & City of Fountains!The goal of this night is to give performers who are new/under the radar/want to test new material/just make music for fun the opportunity to play at an established venue. Entrance is free! Click here for more info.2) Matthew Mole LIVE at Café BarcelonaJoin Matthew Mole for some chilled out tunes at Café Bareclona in Elardus Park. Tickets cost R150 and the show starts at 21:00. Click here for more info.Friday 23 January1) OLMECA presents TEQUILA FEST featuring KYLE WATSON - METRO TICKET - TRANCEMICSOUL AND MOREOlmeca presents TEQUILA FEST at Arcade Empire. Get ready for never ending tunes & unlimited Tequila! Starts at 20:00 and R50 gets you in. Click here for more info.2) Radio Kalahari Orkes live at Café BarcelonaJoin this Afrikaans band for an entertaining show. Tickets cost R120 and the show starts at 21:00. Click here for more info.JOHANNESBURGFriday 23 January1) Atom Band + The Anti Retro Vinyls + Bye BenecoCheck out some live music with 3 awesome bands at Rumours Lounge in Weltevreden Park. R40 gets you in the show starts at 19:30. Click here for more info.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Woodstock Live has announced the annual Hip-Hop & Reggae Sunday taking place this weekend at Trafalgar Park. Get all the deets here! Read More »
The Voice SA's Gavin Edwards, who recently released his debut album, joined us in studio to play some tunes. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 1 985 000
HousesR 2 495 000
HousesR 3 220 000