Inquest reveals Nick Cave's son suffered 'multiple' injuries

2015-07-24 15:00
 

Los Angeles - Nick Cave's 15-year-old son died from "multiple traumatic injuries".

Arthur Cave was found on the underpass of Ovingdean Gap in Brighton, East Sussex, at around 18:00 on 14 July and an inquest into his death on Thursday heard he sustained a number of injuries after falling from a cliff.

Opening and adjourning the inquest, coroner's officer Thea Jones said: "Emergency services were called at 17:55 to the underpass between Ovingdean and Rottingdean after a young male was found by two passers-by.

"He had injuries consistent with falling from a great height."

A full inquest into Arthur's death will commence on 20 November.

At that hearing, statements will be read from people including the person who was with Arthur on the day he died.

Following the news of the tragedy earlier this month, 57-year-old Nick - who was born in Australia - and his wife Susie paid tribute to their "beautiful, happy" son, who is also survived by twin brother Earl.

(Greatstock/Splash)

They said: "Our son Arthur died on Tuesday evening. He was our beautiful, happy loving boy.

"We ask that we be given the privacy our family needs to grieve at this difficult time."

Both Arthur and Earl appeared in Nick's 2014 biopic 20 000 Days On Earth.

Read more on:    celebrities

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.