Lawyer for 50 Cent denies rapper robbed man of jewellery

2015-05-13 09:30
 


Las Vegas - A lawyer for rapper 50 Cent said on Tuesday that neither the musician nor his security guards robbed a Los Angeles man of jewellery at gunpoint in Las Vegas earlier this month.

Police are investigating a report that a jewellery company owner was robbed early on 2 May at or near boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s gym, said Officer Jesse Roybal, a department spokesperson.

Celebrity website TMZ first reported that LAX Jewelry Co owner Robert Marin said he met the rapper at a nightclub and was later invited to Mayweather's gym, where he was pistol-whipped and robbed of a diamond watch and chain valued at some $250 000.

The alleged attack occurred the morning before Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquiao in a welterweight championship fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Marin had minor injuries when he flagged down an officer and filed a complaint about 05:00, Roybal said. No charges were immediately filed, and Roybal said a police report had not been made public.

Attorney Scott Leemon, representing the rapper whose legal name is Curtis James Jackson III, acknowledged TMZ's report.

"On behalf of 50, I can adamantly deny that he or his security had anything to do with these baseless and false allegations," Leemon said in a statement.

Marin didn't immediately respond to telephone messages to his business by The Associated Press.

Read more on:    50 cent  |  celebrities

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.