Joan Rivers' doctors are worried she may end up in a vegetative state or in a 'wheelchair'

Cee Lo Green has deleted his Twitter account after tweeting some controversial views on rape

Paris denies Prince an Eiffel Tower gig

2012-06-14 10:20
 
prince
Paris - US pop star Prince has been refused permission by the mayor of Paris for a concert under the Eiffel Tower on 14 July because it would clash with Bastille Day celebrations, a close aide said on Wednesday.

"There was a request from the producer of Prince in France to organise a concert on July 14," said the aide to mayor Bertrand Delanoe.

"But our priority is the July 14 fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is not compatible with this project.

"We are ready to study another concert date, discussions are under way."

Prince, who regularly comes to France, had wanted to give a free concert on the French national day in partnership with a charity, and the show would reportedly have been filmed for release in 3D cinemas.

HIV Aids

Prince's producer in France, Jackie Lombard, confirmed she had received a rejection letter from the Paris mayor stating that "two events such as a Prince concert and a July 14 fireworks show cannot coexist".

Lombard said another date in September had been proposed to the city for a concert in association with a charity that fights HIV Aids.

"In September, there are already two events scheduled on that subject, a George Michael concert and a concert for Aids Solidarity. We could put a real spotlight on Aids that month."

Paris city had not yet replied to this proposal, she said.

- SAPA

Read more on:    prince  |  paris  |  concerts  |  celebrities  |  music
NEXT ON CHANNEL24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent News

CeeLo Green has been placed on three years of formal probation after he pleaded no contest to one felony count of furnishing ecstasy to a 33-year-old female. Read More »

Chris Brown is scheduled to appear in court for what would be a third attempt at a plea deal to resolve an assault case that dates to October 2013. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.