Los Angeles - Sir Paul McCartney has reportedly signed up to perform at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee concert.
The Beatles star - who released his new album Kisses On The Bottom on Monday - is expected to take to the stage at the June celebration.
The news follows a year-long campaign by Take That star and concert organiser Gary Barlow to get Paul, 69, on board for the Buckingham Palace extravaganza.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "He laid it on thick, telling him he was the only man for the job."
Other British icons including Sir Tom Jones, 71 and Dame Shirley Bassey, 75, are also on the bill along with Jessie J, 23, boy band JLS and Ed Sheeran, 20.
Meanwhile, Paul - who married New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell last year - explains why he chose the cheeky title for his latest record.
He told the Sunday Times newspaper: "I like mischief. It's good for the soul, it's always a good idea - if only because people think it's a bad idea."
But his choice did not go down quite so well with his record label.
He said: "I made the suggestion and got this nervous text from the label which said, 'Paul, under no circumstances can we do this'. One of the guys said he felt like he'd been punched in the gut."