Rapper 50 Cent pleads no contest to vandalism

2013-10-29 08:59
 
Los Angeles - Rapper 50 Cent has been sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to vandalism in a case filed after an alleged fight with his ex-girlfriend earlier this year.

Los Angeles City Attorney's spokesperson Frank Mateljan says the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was ordered on Monday to pay $7 100 in restitution and take a year of domestic violence classes.

Jackson had previously pleaded not guilty to destroying items in his ex-girlfriend's condo during a June argument. The woman had accused Jackson of breaking down a door and kicking her, but the domestic violence charge was dropped on Monday.

Mateljan says the rapper must comply with a restraining order.

Attorney Scott Leemon said Jackson is pleased the case is resolved and the domestic violence charge was dropped.

Read more on:    50 cent  |  celebrity crime  |  celebrities

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.