Meet Iain Thomas, the 36-year-old South African poet who is famous all over the world except in SA

Trevor Noah has pulled out at the last minute from hosting the MAMAs 2016, due to 'a severe upper respiratory infection'

Robbie Williams not returning to Take That for next tour

2014-05-01 16:00

Los Angeles - Robbie Williams is not returning to Take That.

The Angels hitmaker - who first quit the band in 1995, a year before they split, but returned in 2010 for their Progress album and tour - won't be joining Gary Barlow, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Howard Donald when they next go out on the road because he wants to spend more time with his family.

Robbie - who announced earlier this week his wife Ayda Field is pregnant with their second child - said: "Logistically I can't do it. I have the tour and I'm going to be a dad again."

However, the 40-year-old star - whose Swing Both Ways tour started in Austria on Monday - insists it doesn't mean his time with the Flood singers is over for good.

He added to The Sun newspaper: "It doesn't mean to say I won't join in along the way. Whatever happens, I am absolutely going to be in Take That - I love being in Take That.

"After [my] tour wraps, I'm going to go away for a year or two."

Gary previously admitted Robbie - who also has a 20-month-old daughter, Teddy Rose, with Ayda - had been given a deadline to decide whether to return to Take That.

He said: "We need to know what we are doing by the end of May.

"The thing is with Robbie is that he is a family man, so whether he will be in the final line-up I'm not sure."

However, he also admitted the Candy hitmaker would have some involvement with their new album regardless of his decision to tour or not.

He added: "If he's not back in the band, he'll write on the record and we will work with him on his next record."

Read more on:    take that  |  robbie williams  |  celebrities  |  music publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

Jay Z has been nominated for the Songwriters Hall of Fame next year, which will make him the first ever rapper to receive the honour. Read More »

After finally acknowledging his Nobel Prize win in a post on his website, Bob Dylan has now mysteriously removed it again. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.