Willie Nelson cancels tour after crash

2013-11-25 16:10
 
willie nelson
Los Angeles - Willie Nelson has cancelled his tour indefinitely after his tour bus crashed.

The 80-year-old singer was not on board the vehicle when it hit a bridge outside of Sulphur Springs, Texas, at around 03:30 on Saturday, but two of his band members and a crew member were injured in the collision.

A statement on Willie's Facebook page read: "No one suffered serious injuries. Paul English injured his ankle, Billy English suffered a bruised hip and crew member Tom Hawkins has a cracked rib.

"The other family members on the bus are sore but everyone is expected to recover fully. The last four dates in November have been postponed and the tour resumes as scheduled in December."

According to trooper Sylvia Jennings, all three were taken to Hopkins County Memorial Hospital near Dallas.

The singer's website says there were icy roads, and the trooper said there was rain and high winds at the time of the accident.

Willie had been due to perform at the Horseshoe Casino in Tunica, Missouri on Saturday.

Read more on:    celebrities  |  music

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.