Los Angeles - Celine Dion has cancelled her upcoming Las Vegas shows following the death of her husband.
The My Heart Will Go On hitmaker has been left devastated by the passing of René Angélil - who lost his battle with cancer on Thursday aged 73 - and will no longer be performing at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace this weekend while she grieves with sons René-Charles, 14, and five-year-old twins Eddy and Nelson.
A statement posted on her website read: "With heavy hearts, we regret to inform you that Celine performances Saturday, Jan. 16 and Sunday, Jan. 17 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace have been cancelled.
"All of us at AEG and at Caesars Palace have Celine and her children in our thoughts and prayers."
The 47-year-old singer - who returned to her residency in August after taking a year off to care for her spouse - is tentatively scheduled to return to the venue on 23 February.
Meanwhile, though René had been ill for some time, insiders say his death came as a "shock".
A source told People magazine: "We knew what he was up against, but he had good days and bad days.
"It was expected, but it wasn't expected. Was he at death's door? No."
René had even attended business meetings over the last few weeks.
The source said: "No one was prepared for this to happen today or this week."
The music manager was first diagnosed with throat cancer in 1999 but battled back to health, only for him to have a tumour removed in 2013 and the cancer return again in 2014.
Keen to get dressed up and listen to some awesome tunes? Then click here! Read More »
Kings of Leon - which includes brothers Caleb Followill, Nathan Followill and Jared Followill and their cousin Matthew Followill - are set to perform at the MTV EMAs. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 4 950 000
HousesR 6 900 000
HousesR 6 500 000