Chris Brown won't be charged for alleged battery

2016-01-26 11:12
 

Las Vegas — Authorities in Las Vegas say R&B singer Chris Brown won't be charged with a crime based on a woman's complaint about a New Year's weekend altercation in a casino resort hotel room.

Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said on Monday that he met on Wednesday with detectives who investigated the 2 January complaint, and they decided there wasn't enough evidence to seek misdemeanor battery and theft charges.

Police Officer Laura Meltzer characterized the case as suspended.

Police had said the woman complained that Brown hit her and took her cellphone when she tried to snap his photo during a private party in a room at the Palms Casino Resort.

Brown's publicist, Nicole Perna, didn't immediately respond to messages. She had called the woman's account "unequivocally untrue" and a fabrication.

Brown, 26, was in town after performing New Year's Eve at Drai's nightclub at The Cromwell Las Vegas.

He completed five years of felony probation last year after pleading guilty to felony assault in a February 2009 attack on his then-girlfriend Rihanna in Los Angeles.

Read more on:    chris brown  |  celebrities  |  celebrity crime

NEXT ON CHANNELX
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.