Cape Town – Everyone is talking about the new Netflix series, Stranger Things.
If you’re not talking about it or if you don’t know what we’re talking about right now, then you’re living under rock! Go, now, watch it, dammit!
Released in July, the science fiction series created by The Duffer Brothers has been a runaway success. And while everyone is talking about the spot on references to everything 80s, one thing that stands out in the series is the music.
Here is everything you need to know about the soundtrack (and its creators):
1) The soundtrack was scored by two members of Austin-based band S U R V I V E, Michael Stein and Kyle Dixon.
2) It was all coincidence. The Duffer Brothers came across S U R V I V E’s music while watching the film The Guest. This led to them using one of S U R V I V E’s songs, Dirge, in their mock up trailer. When the time came to find a composer, they obviously knew who to phone.
3) Michael and Kyle quit their day jobs to work on the series full time.
4) Although the soundtrack is compiled of songs from the era, they were all reworked and written as brand new for the series.
5) Working for months on end, Michael and Kyle’s music totals more than 13 hours for the series.
6) They composed the music even before any of the characters were cast.
7) The score is going to be released as an album.
8) S U R V I V E will be releasing a brand new album in September, titled RR7349.
Listen to the Stranger Things soundtrack below:
<br _moz_dirty="" />
We're counting down the days until Superbalist is Rocking the Daisies 2016... Read More »
Splashy Fen organisers have announced that Australian rockers The Temper Trap will be headlining the festival next year. Read More »
South AfricaCity Press
Cape TownCity Press
HousesR 2 300 000
HousesR 2 500 000
HousesR 3 800 000