London – Duchess Kate on Tuesday night stole the spotlight at her first ever state dinner.
The royal affair was in honour of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s visit to the United Kingdom.
Jinping’s visit is key to cementing economic ties between the two countries.
Apart from the cap-sleeved red gown custom made by Jenny Packham, the Duchess stunned with her most important royal accessory. A tiara.
Here are five quick facts about the tiara:
1) Kate wore the Lotus Flower tiara once owned by Queen mother.
2) The tiara, also known as the Papyrus tiara, is a favourite of Princess Margaret.
3) The diamond tiara has fan motifs crowned by floating diamond arches.
4) The tiara is actually made from a necklace that the Queen mother received as a wedding gift.
5) This is only the third time, including her wedding, that Kate wore a tiara.
(Photos: Getty Images. Sources: Order of Splendor, Daily Mail, Huffington Post)
Six reporters, photographers and media chiefs are to be tried in France for invasion of privacy over topless photos of Britain's Duchess of Cambridge. Read More »
The Duchess of Cambridge has revealed how her daughter, Princess Charlotte, has inherited the British royal family's love of horses. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 3 740 000
HousesR 4 950 000
HousesR 3 500 000