Speed, cars and sexy bodies make for one of the hottest movies around!
For most of us, death is a time to mourn and shed tears for the departed. But not for the folks at Golden Gate Funeral Home.
Los Angeles - Celebrities and the President of the United States himself, Barack Obama, have taken to Twitter to share their bemusement, appreciation and befuddlement at legendary Hollywood actor and director Clint Eastwood's speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida, on Thursday night.
Eastwood was revealed as the Republican Party's "mystery guest speaker" at the Convention to formally announce Mitt Romney as their candidate for the upcoming US election.
During his odd speech, the 82-year-old star proceeded to have a conversation with an invisible President Barack Obama in an empty chair, chastising the President for the country's high unemployment rate and growing national debt.
Here are some of the choicest celeb tweets:
* "This seat's taken." — President Barack Obama, accompanied by a photo of the back of Obama's chair with him sitting in it.
* "Clint Eastwood on the phone with Obama now: 'It all went according to plan,sir.' #RNC #GOP2012" — Chris Rock @chrisrockoz
* "I. Love. Clint Eastwood." — Blake Shelton, country singer and judge on The Voice.
* "I heard that Clint Eastwood was channeling me at the RNC. My lawyers
and I are drafting our lawsuit." — comic actor Bob Newhart, referring to
his signature one-way-conversation routines.
* "Clint Eastwood should stay home, and look at his old Italian Westerns. He gets the highest award-Wreckitude! Wreckitude! Embarassing to All" — Vogue fashionista Andre Leon Talley @OfficialALT* "20 years ago I wanted Clint Eastwood to make my day. Now I just want him to take his pills and b grateful he doesnt need medicare." — Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital actress.
* "Clint Eastwood's RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I'm drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory." — Star Trek actor George Takei @GeorgeTakei* "Then they roll out Clint Eastwood, who smears molasses all over the convention floor." — Alec Baldwin @ABFalecbaldwin
* "I demand to see Invisible Obama's invisible birth certificate." — Michael Schaffer, The New Republic.
* "Clint Eastwood made my day." — Charlie Daniels, country singer.
* "Woken up to excited chatter in the US. Apparently Clint Eastwood had an argument with an empty chair regarding its political standpoint." — British actor Simon Pegg @simonpegg
* "And so on this day, August 30, 2012, @MittRomney became a better actor than Clint Eastwood." — Lawrence O'Donnell, host of MSNBC's The Last Word.
* "I can't believe I just watched #ClintEastwood turn into somebody's DRUNK UNCLE HARRY on the stage of the #GOP #RNC. He humiliated himself." — Star Jones, Today contributor.
* "'If Clint Eastwood ever talks to a chair on national TV, people will need a way to reassure each other' - inventor of Twitter, March 2006." — Patton Oswalt, comedian and actor on Young Adult.
* "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke." — The Newsroom actress Olivia Munn @oliviamunn
* "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama." — Heroes star Zachary Quinto @ZacharyQuinto— Channel24
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Britain's Prince Harry is launching the "Invictus Games," a new sporting event for wounded, injured and sick service personnel. Read More »
To Kill a Mockingbird author Harper Lee is settling a federal lawsuit she filed against a museum in Alabama over its sale of souvenirs featuring her name and the title of her book. Read More »
Kardashian home is a big fat fake!
4 hot pics from the Prada show!
Our Google Hangout with John Edward.
26-year-old Brad Pitt is the cutest thing!
Lena Dunham's SNL promos are totes hilar!
RAMfest 2014 pulling out all the stops.
You dare not miss this movie!
The sad story behind the winning speech.
South AfricaCity PressMarket Related
South AfricaPlanet 10 Mgt & ConsultingMarket Related
HousesR 4 800 000
HousesR 1 299 000
TownhousesR 1 060 000