Hello Kitty dictionary misprint horrifies British mum with South African definition of 'necklace'

Joan Rivers shocks with sickening and tasteless Reeva Steenkamp joke on Fashion Police TV show

'Devastated' Rod Stewart skips Rock Hall ceremony

2012-04-14 08:26
 
Los Angeles - Rod Stewart, who gained rock 'n' roll fame with the band Faces before going on to solo superstardom, said on Friday he will miss his old group's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this weekend as he battles the flu.

"I'm absolutely devastated," Stewart said. "Shattered that I'm going to miss my second induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - and this time alongside my mates."

In a joint statement with Stewart, Hall of Fame organisers said Faces will still play a short set at Saturday's ceremony with Simply Red's Mick Hucknall replacing Stewart on vocals for the band that in the 1970s scored hits such as "Stay With Me."

The other four members of Faces included Ron Wood, Ronnie Lane, Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan, and they are all expected to attend and play.

Stewart becomes the second major star to bow out of this year's Rock Hall induction ceremony. Earlier this week, Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose declined his invitation to be inducted with his old band mates with whom he had long feuded.

Others being inducted into the Cleveland, Ohio-based institution include members of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Beastie Boys, as well as singer-songwriter Donovan.

Stewart, 67, had already seen his life and career enshrined in the Rock Hall as a solo artist in 1994.

- Reuters

Read more on:    rod stewart  |  music

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
3 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent News

American Pie actor, Jason Biggs, found himself in hot water after tweeting a joke shortly after the crash of Malaysian Airline flight MH17. Read More »

The reclusive author of To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee, has said she didn't authorise a new memoir about her life. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.