EXCLUSIVE: Listen to British singer Ed Sheeran's new album like you've never heard it before!

Mister smarty pants Jimmy Kimmel is making fools of innocent people on the street again in new YouTube video

Halle Berry's ex claims he was victim

2012-11-27 07:58
 
gabriel aubry,olivier martinez,halle berry
Los Angeles - Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry on Monday won a restraining order against the actress's current lover, as the two men fought in the Los Angeles courts over who started their Thanksgiving Day brawl.

Releasing photos of himself with a black eye and cuts to his face, Aubry claimed that he was the victim in the 22 November punch-up with Berry's fiancé, French actor Olivier Martinez, in the driveway of her Los Angeles house.

"I suffered numerous injuries as a result of the attack, including a fractured rib, multiple bruises on my face and a number of cuts which required stitches," Aubry said in court papers, alleging that Martinez had threatened the day before to kill him.

"It all happened so fast and so suddenly; I did not see Mr Martinez's actions coming and thus I was not ready for it and was not able to defend myself," Aubry wrote.

Arrested for battery

Aubry, Martinez, and the Oscar-winning Monster's Ball actress have been embroiled for months in a custody fight over Berry's 4-year-old daughter, Nahla.

Berry wants to take the daughter she had with Aubry to live with her and Martinez in France, but a Los Angeles judge denied that request earlier in November.

Aubry claimed in his request for a restraining order on Monday that Martinez told him, "You cost us $3m," while the French actor punched and kicked him on 22 November.

Aubry, a Canadian model, was arrested last week for battery after the fist fight, and ordered to stay away from Berry, the child, and Martinez.

Neither man has yet been formally charged in the case.

- Reuters

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining
 

Recent News

A former British tabloid reporter has been given a 10-month suspended prison sentence for his role in the phone hacking scandal that shook Rupert Murdoch's media empire. Read More »

Actors and actresses have taken to social media to express their opinions over Israel’s attack on Gaza. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.