Jon Snow, Khaleesi and the Imp are set to earn big bucks on the seventh series of Game of Thrones

Chris Brown is being sued for allegedly 'attacking' his manager Mike G with 'repeated punches to the face and neck'

Hugh Grant wins in hacking case

2011-07-20 13:24
 
London - A British judge has awarded Notting Hill actor Hugh Grant the right to see evidence that could reveal whether his voice mails were intercepted by journalists at the now-defunct News of the World.

A judge at Britain's High Court said police should disclose information to him that was allegedly gathered by private investigator Glenn Mulcaire and used by the Sunday tabloid and other newspapers.

Grant, who says he was told his phone was broken into by the News of the World, has been one of the most prominent celebrity critics of the 168-year-old tabloid, which was shut down earlier this month amid a widening scandal over its misdeeds.

Socialite Jemima Khan was also given the right to see the phone hacking evidence.

Police declined comment on Wednesday.


24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.
 

Recent News

David Beckham and Queen Elizabeth reunited when they shook hands at the Queen’s Young Leaders Awards. Read More »

Queen Elizabeth II sent a tweet for only the second time to thank people who offered her 90th birthday messages on social media. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.