Police will not pursue an historical sexual assault claim against Chris Evans as there is insufficient evidence

WATCH: Celine Dion helps young African singer go viral after sharing a video of him performing one of her songs

John Travolta lawsuit dismissed

2013-02-06 11:14
 
Los Angeles - A lawsuit against John Travolta relating to an alleged assault has been dismissed.

Cruise ship worker Fabian Zanzi - who accused the actor of offering him a $12 000 bribe after he allegedly exposed himself during a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2009 - moved to end his legal action on Tuesday after it entered a new and very expensive stage.

The 58-year-old Savages star's lawyer Marty Singer told RadarOnline.com: ''My client and our firm are very pleased that Mr Zanzi has agreed to dismiss the lawsuit.''

A judge had previously ruled in the VIP worker's favour by denying the actor's attempt to resolve the lawsuit through arbitration but John's legal team had a motion pending before the court that, if granted, would have required Fabian to put up $75 000 for a bond if the proceedings continued.

'Forcefully embraced him'

Fabian had previously claimed that John - who is married to Kelly Preston - asked for a meal to be delivered to his room, where he then asked Fabian for a neck massage.

He said the actor dropped his robe when he went to reach for his neck and forcefully embraced him, telling him he was ''beautiful''.

When he resisted, he claimed the actor offered him $12 000 to remain silent about the issue.

Fabian claimed he told management on board the cruise ship about the event but they refused to allow him to write out any details.

Read more on:    john travolta  |  celebrities  |  lawsuits

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
 

Recent News

Prince William and his wife, Kate, are set to visit Canada this fall. Read More »

South African novelist JM Coetzee and US Pulitzer Prize winner Elizabeth Strout are among contenders for Britain's prestigious Booker Prize for fiction. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.