Sony Pictures cancelled the release of a madcap comedy about North Korea that triggered threats from hackers

Princess Charlene of Monaco has revealed that the royal twins born last week were delivered by cesarean section

Prince Albert sees summer wedding

2010-06-24 22:31
 

Paris - A day after surprising his principality with an engagement announcement, Prince Albert II of Monaco says he'll be marrying in about a year - the summer of 2011.

He has also expressed hope that the population of his tiny Riviera homeland will "welcome with kindness" his future bride, Charlene Wittstock, a South African ex-swimming champion 20 years his junior.

Albert, 52, told Nice-Matin on Thursday that "I know the Monagesque population was waiting for this moment."

Albert has stubbornly remained a bachelor prince. Now, his beloved must step into the shoes of Princess Grace, killed in a 1982 car crash. He told Nice-Matin what everyone wonders: when will the nuptials take place? With a smile, he said "next summer" - but gave no date.

- AP

 

Recent News

South African born actor and family member of anti-apartheid activist Helen Suzman, Dame Janet Suzman, made headlines this week with a controversial racial remark. Read More »

Police in Los Angeles have opened an official inquiry into sexual assault allegations against Bill Cosby. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.