Angelina Jolie has been granted full custody of the six children she shares with Brad Pitt in a temporary custody deal

Hlaudi Motsoeneng who now calls himself 'an ordinary employee' has received another massive pay increase

Seth MacFarlane slams Family Guy bomb clip

2013-04-17 07:37
 
Oscars Seth Macfarlane
Los Angeles - Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane condemned on Tuesday a doctored online clip of the show depicting its star using a cellphone to trigger explosions at the Boston marathon.

The fake clip was based on scenes from an episode of the cult animated series which aired last month, and which was pulled by broadcaster Fox from online service Hulu.com because of sensitivity after Monday's blasts.

"The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent. The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims," MacFarlane said on his Twitter feed.

Episode pulled

In the fake clip, the show's main character Peter Griffith is shown using a cellphone to trigger two explosions, accompanied by screams, to win the world-famous marathon.

The full real episode, entitled Turban Cowboys and broadcast last month, involves Peter Griffith becoming a Muslim and discovering he is part of a terrorist plot to blow up a bridge, according to the IMDb industry website.

The episode was pulled on Tuesday from the fox.com and hulu.com services, on which old episodes can be viewed, a spokesperson for Fox told AFP.

She said the decision was separate from the controversy over the fake clip, and was in line with decisions Fox and other broadcasters regularly take when fictional stories inadvertently conflict with tragic real-life events.

'False flag' operation

Past examples of this have involved the rescheduling of episodes of Family Guy and American Dad due to last December's Sandy Hook school shooting which killed 20 young children in Newtown, Connecticut.

The fake Family Guy clip and theory were first posted by conspiracy-theorising talk radio host Alex Jones' website InfoWars.com, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Its founder tweeted shortly after Monday's bombing that he suspected the attack was a "false flag" operation perpetrated by the US government, the newspaper said.

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
4 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
 

Recent News

Prince William has talked of 'dark moments' in his job as an air ambulance pilot. Read More »

Kensington Palace announced that Prince William and his wife Kate will bring their two young children on their official visit to Canada. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.