Check out our Q&A with Idris Elba about losing his father, getting lost in a character and Arsenal!

Kylie Jenner said 'yes' when asked if she'd marry Tyga, despite speculation they had split

Arno Carstens DUI case postponed

2011-11-09 10:16
arno carstens
Cape Town - The drunken driving case of singer and songwriter Arno Carstens was postponed again on Tuesday in the Cape Town Magistrate's Court.

The singer, who arrived late for his case on Tuesday, will now have to wait until January next year to hear whether the government will prosecute him.

Carstens was arrested on December 20 last year on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.

He appeared in court for the first time in May this year and was released on R500 bail.

No feedback

The case was postponed until Tuesday to decide whether he will be prosecuted.

Milton de la Harpe, his legal representative, directed a report to the office of the National Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) in May to reconsider the case.

De la Harpe told the court on Tuesday that he had received no feedback from the DPP.

It then came out in court that the DPP never received the dossier.

Carstens, who flies from Johannesburg to attend the court case in Cape Town, will appear in court again on January 27 next year. publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Recent News

Nearly a hundred gamers descended on the MWEB MCave in Cape Town for Gigabyte's unofficial launch party for the newly-released Battlefront game from Electronic Arts. Read More »

Prince Harry is set to play in the sixth Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup held for the first time in South Africa. Read More »

inside channel 24

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.