The top 10 news stories of 2011
Cape Town - The year 2011 was definitely a year filled with drama, some nudity and, yes, even more drama.
If it wasn't the naked newsreaders on e.tv; it was Tracy McGregor bearing all on the cover of the first Playboy SA edition.
She may not have been the centre of the event, but the tears of the three-year-old royal bridesmaid to Prince William and Kate Middleton made big waves, as did the dramatic wedding of Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert of Monaco.
5FM shock jock Gareth Cliff is never one to shy away from the limelight, and his nasty comments on Idols
raised the ire of the ANYL. But it was radio DJ and former Supersport presenter Darren Scott calling a co-worker something that cannot be repeated here who made the bigger headlines.
Celeb nudity, madness and sadness ruled our 2011.
So without further ado, here are the most popular stories on Channel24 for 2011: 1) Tracy McGregor's nude pics leaked online (140 454 views)
2) Naked newsreaders cause stir (97 938 views)
3) Darren Scott releases official statement (76 482 views )
4) Royal bridesmaid one unhappy camper (76 250 views)
5) Wittstock takes off in tears (73 029 views)
6) ANCYL calls Gareth Cliff a madman (65 366 views)
7) Charlene to produce heir before divorce (63 448 views)
8) Charlene left Monaco – Dad (60 666 views)
9) DJ Darren Scott quits over k-word (59 935 views)
10) Princess Charlene 'tried to flee 3 times' (58 792 views)