Cape Town - Tickets for the new Aardklop arts festival, which takes place in Potchefstroom, are now available at Computicket.
Aardklop, which is under new management, is being relaunched and features a new brand identity too.
In February the previous organisers of Aardklop made the shock announcement that the festival isn’t to continue. However, several prominent Afrikaans stakeholders in the arts then rescued Aardklop, which first happened in 1998.
Five things you need to know about the new Aardklop:
1. The festival dates are 4 - 9 October.
2. In its new guise, Aardklop is going back to its roots, and the festival is moving back to its original Potchefstroom location, die Bult. A few years ago it was moved to the Northwest University’s sports grounds, which some people described as the “beginning of the end” for Aardklop.
3. Great news for festivalgoers are that day tickets cost R20 per person, while a week ticket is only R60. (Access for children under 12 is free.)
4. There will be seven debut stage productions which include an Afrikaans version of Driving Miss Daisy – it is called So ry Miss Daisy with a legendary cast of Sandra Prinsloo and John Kani. Popular Afrikaans actors Ivan Botha and Donnalee Roberts, who are renowned for teaming up for boxoffice hits such as Pad na jou Hart, is also to appear on stage at Aardklop with a production called, Beurtkrag.
5. Music enthusiasts can look forward to performances by Karen Zoid, Bobby van Jaarsveld, Elvis Blue and many more.
The major sponsors of Aardkop include kykNET, Naspers, Netwerk24, Beeld and ATKV.
The programme can be downloaded here!
Get tickets here!
Exhibiting black pain without being gratuitous is never easy. But Barthélémy Toguo manages it in his new exhibition, Strange Fruit, writes Lwandile Fikeni.
Read More »
Kwaito legend Mduduzi "Mandoza" Tshabalala has been remembered in a sombre, but celebratory, memorial service at the Ellis Park arena, where more than 1 000 people gathered. Read More »
South AfricaCity Press
Cape TownCity Press
HousesR 2 500 000
HousesR 3 800 000
Apartments / FlatsR 29 500 000