Cape Town - A 7000km, 60 day road trip across the length and breadth of South Africa, where 13 teams battle it out on the open fire all in a bid to get their hands on the cash, the car and the title of South Africa’s next Ultimate Braai Master!
Season 4 of the popular braai adventure cooking show is shaping up to be one of the hottest seasons!
How do you make South Africa's biggest cooking show? With a rock solid 64 member crew of course!
Here are some behind the braai facts and figures from the road that will totally surprise you:
1) 120kg of spice used.
2) 10 tons of wood was used, 153 fires lit and ½ tons of meat braaied.
3) 41 vehicles trekked through 7000km and used 30 700 litres of petrol. The fleet consisted of: 18 Suzukis, 2 8 ton trucks, 21 vans and 1 caravan.
4) When it came to road mishaps there were 14 flat tyres and 3 cracked windscreens.
5) Bottoms up! 75 liters of KWV wine and brandy was consumed.
6) Open happiness! 4000 cokes was consumed.
7) 2300 hours of footage was filmed to create a show that’s only 13 episodes and 48 minutes long.
8) Pose for the camera! 147 896 photographs were taken.
9) The highest temperature was 39 degrees and the lowest -4 degrees.
10) The longest day on set was 16 hours.
11) A whooping 600 total shooting hours.
12) 1.8 tons of padkos was eaten on the long road.
Watch the journey unfold Sundays at 16:00 on e.tv.The article is sponsored by Ultimate Braai Master.
Although a new contract will definitely be concluded for 7de Laan, uncertainty remains over whether it will be broadcast on Monday since Hlaudi Motsoeneng first wants to meet with the producers. Read More »
SABC is getting its very first locally produced telenovela, Keeping Score. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 2 495 000
HousesR 6 900 000
HousesR 1 200 000