Los Angeles - ICYMI. The nominations for the television's biggest night were announce on Thursday afternoon.The nods were in keeping with trends from previous years but some of the snubs got worldwide attention. Like the noticeable absence of one for Orphan Black's lead Tatiana Maslany and the fact that even though Claire Danes was nominated for her role in the show, Homeland itself wasn't nominated for Outstanding Drama Series after winning the category for the last two years in a row. Ryan Murphy's constellation of shows (including American Horror Story and Glee) and his poignant film A Normal Heart were the real winners (as far as nominations go) though with an impressive haul of 34 nominations. Sjoe.(American Horror Story GIF,Tumblr)Our favourite part? The stars's reactions! Here's a round up of our favourites:
1) "If the phone rings, I completely forget what's going on. I think someone is in trouble, someone is in jail, I'm in trouble, what could possibly be wrong? I immediately go to that place, and it's my publicist saying congratulations. I go to the dark place. — Matt LeBlanc on getting the early-morning call with news of his nomination for lead actor in a comedy series for Showtime's Episodes.(GIF,Tumblr)2) "I was lying in bed with my son and I was thinking I shouldn't scream and wake him up but I need to scream and wake him up. So I did and he put the pillow over his head." — Minnie Driver on how she responded to her lead actress nomination for Return to Zero.
3) "I am over the moon. I cannot wait to fly to LA to see Louis CK win." — Ricky Gervais on his lead actor in a comedy nomination for Derek.
4) "If I celebrate today, it would be probably simply going out to dinner, which I know probably doesn't sound that thrilling to most people, but for me it really is a lovely day. I love going out to dinner. There is also the chance that the celebration takes place by lying in bed playing Candy Crush and reading, which also makes me very happy." — Jim Parsons on how he plans to celebrate his two Emmy nods: Lead actor in a comedy for "The Big Bang Theory" and supporting actor in a miniseries or movie for HBO's The Normal Heart.
5) "I'm thrilled and a bit shocked to be nominated. And when I look at the other nominations I'm humbled. But I've always felt that liver failure brought on by acute alcoholism could be really, really funny." — William H. Macy, nominated for lead actor in a comedy series for playing a drunk dad on Shameless.
6) "It's a wonderful acknowledgement, a beautiful recognition, but what they're really saying is Jenji Kohan is a genius, and Kate Mulgrew fell in love with that character and they all got married!" — Kate Mulgrew on her supporting actress nomination for Red in Orange Is the New Black, created by Kohan.
7) "I've been texting with (fellow nominee) Jesse Tyler Ferguson already this morning and we've been talking about it. We were talking about Champagne and he said, 'It is a protein, right?'" — Cat Deeley on her plans to celebrate her nomination for reality-competition host.
8) "So happy with these nominations. This breaks my 'I can't believe what happened to Brazil' funk." — Billy Crystal on his three nominations for 700 Sundays.
9) "It'll be a thrill for me to be there for the first time. I don't get out much. I imagine in August it'll be about the only place I go outside the house." — Billy Bob Thornton, on his first Emmy nomination, for his work in Fargo.
10) "Maybe I'll just come in three hours late." — Jon Voight joking about how he'll celebrate his supporting actor nomination for Ray Donovan, which is shooting now.
11) "I played princesses all day long. That was my morning." — Colin Hanks, whose two young daughters are unimpressed by his supporting actor nomination for Fargo.
12) "For once, the Parents' Television Council sent me a gift basket WITHOUT a cobra at the bottom." — Seth MacFarlane on the 12 nominations earned by Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey, which he executive produced.
And last but not least a special shout-out to one of our favourite stars, Laverne Cox, who became the first EVER transgendered Emmy nominee for her role in Orange is The New Black.AMAZING.The beautiful starlet took it all in her stride, posting this repost to her Instagram :For all the latest entertainment news follow Channel24 on Twitter and Like Channel24 on Facebook.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
A source told Channel24 that the SABC won’t see another episode of 7de Laan if there’s no signed contract by Monday. Read More »
Icasa has set a date for a public hearing into e.tv's controversial application to get its broadcasting licence conditions changed. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 3 220 000
HousesR 1 985 000
HousesR 3 300 000