Cape Town – It’s official! South African comedian Trevor Noah will replace Jon Stewart on the satirical The Daily Show.
While Noah might be well-known on our shores, we thought we’d compile this list for the Americans.
Here are five things you need to know about Trevor:
1. Firstly. Trevor is South African. He was born on 20 February 1984 in Johannesburg. Trevor speaks 7 languages: English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Xhosa, Tswana, Tsonga and German.
2. He grew up in Soweto, the son of a black Xhosa mother and a white Swiss father, whose union was illegal during the apartheid era, the New York Times reports.
3. Trevor starred in popular South African soapie Isidingo in 2002, when he was 18. (Isidingo is like SA's version of the The Young and The Restless)
4. Trevor was the spokesperson and consumer protection agent for Cell C in 2012. (Cell C is SA’s third largest cellular provider.)
5. On 6 January 2012 Trevor became the first South African stand-up comedian to appear on The Tonight Show and then also on 17 May 2013.
(Photos: Gallo Images)
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
Although a new contract will definitely be concluded for 7de Laan, uncertainty remains over whether it will be broadcast on Monday since Hlaudi Motsoeneng first wants to meet with the producers. Read More »
SABC is getting its very first locally produced telenovela, Keeping Score. Read More »
10 epic pics.
All the deets.
South AfricaCity Press
Johannesburg CBDResourcing Solutions
HousesR 1 750 000
HousesR 7 200 000
HousesR 3 300 000