All My Children back on SABC3

2011-12-13 11:33
Thinus Ferreira
Cape Town – And so are the days of our lives.

After SABC3 decided to kill its longtime soap All My Children and replace it from January 2 at 14:00 with The Nate Berkus Show, All My Children is now back on SABC3's schedule as the channel's wild and erratic scheduling changes continue.

After SABC3's programme manager Lefa Afrika told press in November that there is "absolutely no chance" that All My Children will return to the channel, a schedule change issued by SABC3 on Tuesday indicates otherwise.

Lefa Afrika said All My Children doesn't have a big enough audience and that SABC3 is a commercial TV channel which needs to bring in audiences, advertisers and money when he explained the broadcaster's decision to axe the show.

SABC3 decided to replace All My Children with The Nate Berkus ShowOprah Winfrey's design expert who got his own talk show.

SABC3 didn't immediately respond to media enquiries as to why All My Children is suddenly back on the schedule.

The Nate Berkus Show cancelled in US

The "return" of the soap could be shortlived however and there is no indication that All My Children will be back on SABC3 permanently or suddenly back in favour.

The Nate Berkus Show was cancelled in the US on Friday and will finish out its second season early in 2012.

International sources told Channel24 last week that SABC3 hasn't yet actually signed for the show produced by Harpo and Sony Pictures Television.

The temporary return of All My Children to SABC3 is therefore more due to SABC3 not signing the contract for the replacement show in time.

Also, with Friday's cancellation news, SABC3 might also have decided to rather tread water and stick with All My Children for a few further episodes, and re-evaluate whether The Nate Berkus Show is a good enough TV property for just two years, or whether the channel rather wants a show with a longer lifespan in the 14:00 timeslot.

Comments

  • braamc - 2011-12-13 11:54

    Can't wait!

  • Dave - 2011-12-13 12:07

    SABC TV does not know what it is doing from one day to the next. The content of the shows is truly pathetic and if you look on there site, a number of programs are not even listed. Times when programs end are very often wrong and one finds the movie at times are one hour longer than advertized. Absolute idiots.

  • Derk - 2011-12-13 12:53

    is Jacob Zuma playing the father in All My Children?

  • Tiaan - 2011-12-13 14:24

    Can't they think for themselves?? If they move All My Children to a later timeslot(before or after Days Of Our Lives),The show's ratings will go up and then it won't be on the chopping block anymore!Since they're looking for a long-term show for that timeslot,they can just as well keep airing All My Children,because we're a full 4+ years behind the U.S! Stupid SABC!

  • Shoosh - 2011-12-13 16:07

    When are they going to can the re-runs of the repeat of that egotistical African American female - OhPraat.

  • chanellev1 - 2011-12-21 09:40

    If SABC 3 take All my Children of the the tv I will stop paying my TV licence becAUSE THERE IS SO LITTLE TO WATCH they want to take one of good ones of the tv

  • pages:
  • 1